Dinnerly vs Marley Spoon Review 2020
Let’s compare every aspect of these two meal boxes
If you are thinking about giving Dinnerly or Marley Spoon a go, then you are considering a good option. These two services have become very popular amongst Australians over the past five years. Busy lifestyles have reduced the time to cook, and Time-poor consumers, especially those working with children, have continued to favour convenient and competitively priced goods.
But the question is “which is better? Dinnerly or Marley Spoon?” I’m going to cover following topics in details, so that you can save your time deciding which is right for you!
- Price Comparison (Winner – Dinnerly)
- Flexibility Comparison (Winner – Marley Spoon)
- Meal Quality Comparison (Winner – Marley Spoon)
Dinnerly vs Marley Spoon Comparison 2020
1. Dinnerly vs Marley Spoon: Price Comparison
If cost is the most important factor, then Dinnerly Australia is the winner. For 3 meals a week for 2 people, you only pay $52.45, which is $17.45 cheaper than Marley Spoon. Bestmeals can offer you exclusive discount deal for Dinnerly Australia, where you would only pay starting from $37.45for the first three orders (get total of $45 off).
Check out our “Unboxing Dinnerly” Video
2. Dinnerly vs Marley Spoon: FlexibilityIf having greater flexibility with options is the most important factor, then Marley Spoon is the clear winner. Dinnerly being the most affordable meal box service in Australia, it does come with restriction when it comes to recipe selections. With Marley Spoon, you get to select your meals from 20 recipes every week and 8 meal box options to choose from. In comparison, Dinnerly only offers 8 recipes but you get to choose from 6 meal boxes with options of 3, 4 or 5 meals per week. If you have children or fussy eater in your family, then you will have greater chance of meals that they will like from Marley Spoon. For further information on Marley Spoon, please read our full cooking review here.
Check out our “Meal Service Comparison” Video
3. Dinnerly vs Marley Spoon: Meal Quality Comparison
If quality is important to you, then we strongly recommend Marley Spoon Australia. Compared to other meal boxes, Marley Spoon offers more exotic feel to their recipes and packaging. Many customers have expressed that they enjoyed eating Marley Spoon recipes which are designed around seasonal fresh ingredients. Marley Spoon meals are delicious and great way to get back into cooking and enjoy gourmet meals.
This is not to down play the quality of Dinnerly Australia, but you will definitely get more ingredients in Marley Spoon meals. One of our recommendation we have made for Dinnerly, is that you add extra serve of vegetables as per recommendation made by the Department of Health and National Health and Medical Research Council (make vegetables take up at least one third of meals and half the meal if you are trying to lose weight).
A meal from Marley Spoon Australia
“Smokey Beef and Black Beans with Avocado, Corn and Rice”
You will enjoy cooking this Mexican dish packed with flavours of nachos, without the heavy cheese. It goes perfect with basmati rice!
Nutrition per serving
Calories 990kcal, Fat 38.5g, Protein 53.7g, Carbs 95.5g
Ingredients (what you will be getting)
A meal from Dinnerly Australia
“Smokey Beef and Rice with Yogurt, Coriander and Corn”
There’s nothing better than smokey flavoured barbecue beef, served with charred corn, caramelised onion & rice!
Nutrition per serving
Calories 760kcal, Fat 26.2g, Proteins 45.3g, Carbs 81.5g
Milk. May contain traces of other allergens.
As you can see from the comparison above, Marley Spoon offers more exotic ingredients for you to enjoy the meal (e.g. avocado), where the price difference between the two starts to show. In the end, I recommend that you make your decision based on two key findings from this review:
- Cost: In the long run, Dinnerly Australia will save you money. If you are thinking about committing to a meal box service more than two weeks and is budget conscious, then Dinnerly Australia is one to choose. But remember, you will get less recipe options and ingredients (e.g. vegetables) compared to Marley Spoon.
- Quality: If you want to use wide range of ingredients and enjoy cooking exotic meals, then choose Marley Spoon Australia. Not only you get more options with meal box sizes, you get to choose from over 20 recipes per week! Using our exclusive discount, you will only pay $43.95 (2 people x 3 meals – Code: C3F15EEVIE10F) for your first box which makes it as cheap as Dinnerly to try the box. This will be perfect as you can experience high quality meal box and decide if you want to continue or not.