Get you exclusive discounts from Wine Collective
By Hiro Noda
I love a good drink of wine to complement my meal boxes, but I always wondered if there’s a service that I can rely on for a good advice on which wine to drink. If you ever felt the same, then you found the right place. Introducing The Wine Collective, the wine gurus who hand picks quality wine that are tasted and thoroughly rated by wine experts.
In this review, we are going to cover everything you need to know about The Wine Collective, so that you can order you wine knowing you have picked the one that suits your taste:
- Quick Summary
- Exclusive Discounts
- How The Wine Collective Works
- Pros & Cons
- Wine Subscription
- Wine Plan Example
Those who have no time to read the whole article, here’s our quick summary!
What we like about the Wine Collective
- Detailed wine review: Each bottle comes with detailed review on the taste, about the wine, information on the winery, as well as review by critic and customers.
- Wide range of high quality wine: The Wine Collective offers wide range of high quality Australian and international wine. Buy them
- Wine Subscription: If you love wine, then sign up wine plans to receive selected 12 bottles of wine every month.
- Good discount prices: Enjoy generous discounted wines (up to 77% OFF) by checking out their clearance page.
- Ask for personal wine advisor: Ask for personal wine advisor to help you find the right wine, including rare and limited releases.
What to watch out for
- Delivery fee: Please note that delivery fee of $9.95 – $14.95 applies. If you live in postcode 6215-6799 or 0800-0999, you will have to pay $24.95. If you spend over $300, you will get free delivery (TCs apply).
Exclusive Discounts and Promotions
Most importantly, to order your wine please use following exclusive discounts and promotions from The Wine Collective. Simply click on the link order your wine!
Current Special Promotions:
- Save up to 50% off Mixed Wine Cases. Grab a mix of wines for every taste & occasion.
- Free shipping for Victorian (VIC) customers
- Under $15 Wines. Premium wines that are inexpensive enough to enjoy day to day!
How The Wine Collective Works
First of all, what makes The Wine Collective stand out from other wine retailers is their origin. and history. With over 70 years of combined history, The Wine Collectiveis born out of the recent merger between The Wine Society, Australia’s oldest wine club founded in 1946, and the Online Liquor Group, one of Australia’s fastest growing independent online retail groups. The Wine Collective is blended with real wine experts and digital enabler of online wine retailing. So, there are number of ways you can shop through The Wine Collective:
- Wine Plans: Monthly delivery of wide range of curated wine (dozen) from small-medium sized wine producers delivered to your door.
- Online Shop: Buy particular red, white, rosé, sparkling, importing, exclusive wines and mixed cases.
- Gifts: Buy wine as gift for special occasions (Under $20, Over $20 and Best Deals).
The Wine Collective Review – Pros
- Most Detailed Review: Firstly, what make The Wine Collective stand out is their thorough review of wines by the experts. Each wine comes with scores out of 100, with comments and technical details including intensity (out of 5), taste and who the wine maker is. It’s the most informed wine review I have ever seen.
- Value for Money: Secondly, if you are looking for discounts, then check out New Wines section where you will find great values from 10% – 30% off the retail price.
- Personal Wine Advisor: Thirdly, what I like about The Wine Collective is that you can ask for personal wine advisor who will give you access to Australia’s sharpest wine deals, allocations of rare and limited releases, unmatched prizes and a completely personalised shopping experience.
- Awesome Rewards Program: Finally, as you shop through The Wine Collective, you can join their rewards program for free and receive rewards! It provides customers with rewards points for every order to earn discounts off wine purchases, Free Wine, Free Delivery and digital subscriptions to Gourmet Traveller Wine! For full benefits, please check out the Reward Program.
The Wine Collective Review – Cons
- Delivery time varies: Firstly, let’s cover delivery. Most of wines are delivered straight from their warehouse, however for wines delivered direct from a winery, as outlined on the product page, delivery times can vary greatly. Consequently, delivery times over the Christmas, New Year, and the Easter holiday periods may be longer than normal as well. The delivery time will be detailed in your confirmation email, but please note that standard order takes:
- Eastern Capitals: 2-3 business days
- Adelaide, Perth, Hobart: 5-10 business days
- All other areas: up to 14 business days
2. Delivery fee: Please note that delivery fee of $9.95 – $14.95 applies. If you live in postcode 6215-6799 or 0800-0999, you will have to pay $24.95. If you spend over $300, you will get free delivery (TCs apply).
The Wine Plans – The Wine Collective Subscriptions
For wine lovers out there, The Wine Collective offers nine awesome monthly wine plans, where you get to receive curated wine (case of 12) from the best small-medium sized wine producers. Check out the Wine Plan options below:
- Easy Drinking Selection ($130) – Great value wines made exclusively for The Wine Society.
- Daily Delights ($155) – Great quality wines, perfect for everyday drinking.
- Cellaring Six ($180) – Wines to lay down and enjoy as they evolve. **Case of 6***
- Society Premium Dozen ($180) – Exceptional wines from classic regions made by some of Australia’s top winemakers exclusively on the Wine Collective.
- Winemaster’s Selection ($210) – Crowd-pleasing wines that suit all tastes and occasions.
- Connoisseur’s Collection ($270) – A premium selection that explores new regions, producers and varietals.
- Sommelier’s Selection ($345) – Premium wines specifically chosen for their food-matching appeal.
- Founder’s Collection ($445) – Benchmark wines from the world’s best wine regions and producers.
- Decanter Collection ($680) – Iconic wines. Classic regions. The best of the best.
Example of Wine Plans
Winemaster’s Selection – 12 bottles for only $210 ($332 RRP)
Most noteworthy, Daily Delights features honest, everyday drinking wines that are perfect for entertaining friends. Whatever the occasion, Our most popular wine plan, the Winemaster’s Selection brings together a premium range of wines at fantastic prices.
Why you should get this plan:
- Most popular plan, with exceptional value for money
- Crowd-pleasing wines that suit all tastes
- Delivered every three months (March, June, September, December)
- Available as a red, white or mixed dozen
- Typical drinking window: 1-2 years
So, what wines are included?
- Monterra Pinot Grigio 2021
- Mitchell Watervale Riesling 2014
- Irvine Eden Chardonnay 2020
- Anvers Cabernet 2018
- Rosenthal Garten Shiraz 2020
- Old Jarvie The Saviour – Touriga Mataro Grenache 2019
Other Exclusive Discounts and Promotions
Lastly, if you love drinking wine, then these meal boxes will be your perfect companion! Check these exclusive discounts on offer. Check out our meal service reviews to find your perfect service!