Wine Collective Review 2020
Get the best valued wines delivered to home
By Hiro Noda
I love a good drink of wine to complement my meal boxes, but I always wondered if there’s a service that I can rely on for a good advice on which wine to drink. If you ever felt the same, then you found the right place. Introducing The Wine Collective, the wine gurus who hand picks quality wine that are tasted and thoroughly rated by wine experts.
In this review, we are going to cover everything you need to know about The Wine Collective, so that you can order you wine knowing you have picked the one that suits your taste:
- How The Wine Collective Works
- Pros & Cons
- Wine Plan Costs
- Wine Plan Review
- Exclusive Discounts
How The Wine Collective Works
- Wine Plans: Monthly delivery of wide range of curated wine (dozen) from small-medium sized wine producers delivered to your door.
- Online Shop: Buy particular red, white, rosé, sparkling, importing, exclusive wines and mixed cases.
- Gifts: Buy wine as gift for special occasions (Under $20, Over $20 and Best Deals)
The Wine Collective Review – Pros
- Most Detailed Review: Firstly, what make The Wine Collective stand out is their thorough review of wines by the experts. Each wine comes with scores out of 100, with comments and technical details including intensity (out of 5), taste and who the wine maker is. It’s the most informed wine review I have ever seen.
- Value for Money: Secondly, if you are looking for discounts, then check out New Wines section where you will find great values from 10% – 30% off the retail price.
- Personalised wine recommendations: Thirdly, what I like about The Wine Collective is that as you browse the wine but when it’s not quite what you are looking for, wine advisor makes alternative recommendations that may better match your palate. How good is that?
- Awesome Rewards Program: Finally, as you shop through The Wine Collective, you can join their rewards program for free and receive rewards! It provides customers with rewards points for every order to earn discounts off wine purchases, Free Wine, Free Delivery and digital subscriptions to Gourmet Traveller Wine! For full benefits, please check out the Reward Program.
The Wine Collective Review – Cons
- Delivery time varies: Firstly, let’s cover delivery. Most of wines are delivered straight from their warehouse, however for wines delivered direct from a winery, as outlined on the product page, delivery times can vary greatly. Consequently, delivery times over the Christmas, New Year, and the Easter holiday periods may be longer than normal as well. The delivery time will be detailed in your confirmation email, but please note that standard order takes:
- Eastern Capitals: 2-3 business days
- Adelaide, Perth, Hobart: 5-10 business days
- All other areas: up to 14 business days
- Can’t change or cancel orders: Finally, the Wine Collective’s fulfilment systems are fully automated. This means that the moment your order has been placed, it will be processed immediately and you won’t be unable to cancel your order or change any of your order details. So make sure you make up your mind before making the order
The Wine Plans
For wine lovers out there, The Wine Collective offers nine awesome monthly wine plans, where you get to receive curated wine (case of 12) from the best small-medium sized wine producers. Check out the Wine Plan options below:
Example of Wine Plan From The Wine Collective
Most noteworthy, Daily Delights features honest, everyday drinking wines that are perfect for entertaining friends. Whatever the occasion, these wines are certainly going to impress you. Hand selected by wine buying experts to bring Daily Delights subscribers the best value for money.
Why you should get this plan:
- Great everyday drinking wines, perfect for entertaining guests
- Guaranteed quality; as judged by our expert tasting panel
- Delivered every three months (January, April, July, October)
- Available as a red, white or mixed dozen
- Typical drinking window: Crowd pleasing wines to enjoy in the next 12 months
So, what wines are included?
- Willow Bridge Estate Dragonfly Sauvignon Blanc Semillon 2018
- Alkoomi White Label Riesling 2018
- Aramis Vineyards 1 2 3 White Label Pinot Grigio 2018
- Freddy Nerks Bianco 2018
- Dickinson Estate 1 2 3 Sunrise Series Chardonnay 2016
- Plantagenet Lion’s Circle Chardonnay 2017
For full details of wines for Daily Delights July 2019 (White), check out the tasting notes.
Exclusive Discounts and Promotions
Most importantly, to order your wine please use following exclusive discounts and promotions from The Wine Collective. Simply click on the link order your wine!
Current Special Promotions:
Other Exclusive Discounts and Promotions
Lastly, if you love drinking wine, then these meal boxes will be your perfect companion! Check these exclusive discounts on offer. Check out our meal service reviews to find your perfect service!